Colon said. Were not used to this, so its hard.Royals starter Edinson Volquez (10-11) faced 22 batters and nine scored i

Вопросы связанные с бизнесом, покупка и продажа
LHX1990

Colon said. Were not used to this, so its hard.Royals starter Edinson Volquez (10-11) faced 22 batters and nine scored i

Сообщение LHX1990 » 19 июл 2018, 09:25

(STATS) -- If the FCS playoff field was announced a week earlier than next Sunday, the conference that might feel the best about itself is the Southern Conference, where champion The Citadel, Chattanooga, Samford and Wofford appear ready to go into the field.The last time the SoCon had four qualifiers for the playoffs is … well, never.Four would be one more than the SoCon had over the last two playoffs combined (two automatic qualifiers and one at-large bid).But Woffords road win over Chattanooga on Saturday was the result the SoCon needed to have the chance for its best playoff haul.The attrition of conference play tends to overdue itself, leaving black and blue records, and the three conferences that had the most playoff bids last season -- the Missouri Valley, CAA Football and Big Sky -- didnt necessarily get the results to fall the right way this weekend to solidify their candidate pool.Missouri Valley: North Dakota State is solidified and South Dakota State should be in the field as well. Youngstown State would make it simple with a win at Missouri State (but nothings been simple during the Penguins 10-year playoff drought) and Western Illinois hopes to nail down a bid with a road win at Southern Illinois. If both of those scenarios happen, it wont be good for Illinois States 6-5 record or Northern Iowas potential 6-5 record (with a win over SDSU).CAA: Champion James Richmond and Richmond are safe. The playoff selection committee probably wants to put Villanova into the field considering coach Andy Talley is retiring after 32 seasons, but the Wildcats should avoid losing to rival Delaware. The New Hampshire-Maine rivalry game is a playoff eliminator, but does it guarantee an at-large bid to the winner? Probably, because the winner will be 6-2 in the tough CAA, but neither boasts big-time wins heading into their matchup. Albany also can get to 7-4 with a win over Stony Brook.Big Sky: Heres the trickiest of the three conference. North Dakota and Eastern Washington are in the field. Then there are four teams hoping to get to 7-4: Cal Poly and Northern Colorado, who play each other, as well as Montana and Weber State. The one in the best shape with a win next weekend would be Cal Poly. The one with all the playoff history -- Montana -- might be on the outside looking in.A team that finishes the regular season with a 7-4 record (especially one whose resume includes a sub-Division I win) usually goes into the same basket with so many at-large hopefuls. Its a precarious spot leading into Selection Sunday when there are only so many at-large bids to go around.---=SECOND AND 10=Ten more observations from the FCS weekend:1.) The team of the week is Wofford after it went to Chattanooga and beat the seventh-ranked Mocs 36-28 for the first time since 2011. Coach Mike Ayers 7-3 squad should find itself in the Top 25 on Monday and is an expected win over VMI away of returning to the playoffs after a three-year absence.2.) While eight teams in the FCS Top 25 lost games this weekend, the top six continued to roll along, each winning by double digits. Sam Houston State, Jacksonville State, Eastern Washington, North Dakota State, The Citadel and James Madison -- ranked in that order -- are a combined 56-4.3.) Half of the 10 automatic qualifiers are set: James Madison (CAA Football), Lehigh (Patriot League), San Diego (Pioneer Football League), Saint Francis (Northeast Conference) and The Citadel (Southern Conference). Saint Francis topped Central Connecticut State 31-21 behind Zack Drayers three touchdown passes to clinch its first playoff appearance.4.) In the Big South, the Kennesaw State-Charleston Southern winner next Saturday will earn a share of the title with Liberty, but then it gets really intriguing. Charleston Southern (6-3, 3-1) cant qualify for the playoffs unless it wins the game and claims the automatic bid, which would come from owning the tiebreaker over Liberty (6-4, 4-1). The Bucs dont have the necessary six Division I wins for an at-large bid. Kennesaw State (8-2, 3-1) may not make the field even with a win over CSU because Liberty owns the head-to-head tiebreaker over KSU. The Owls have the best overall record among the three, but their resume includes three wins below the D-I level and a loss to East Tennessee State. If Charleston Southern earns the auto bid, then Liberty likely needs to win at old rival Coastal Carolina Thursday night to be an at-large factor.5.) The three conferences that dont send their champions to the playoffs are headed to great finishes. Harvard, Penn and Princeton are tied for first place in the Ivy League just one year after it had its first three-way share of the title since 1982. North Carolina A&T and North Carolina Central are both 7-0 in the MEAC and end the regular season against each other next Saturday at N.C. Central. Grambling State and Southern will meet in two for the West Division title on Nov. 26 and a spot in the SWAC Championship Game against East Division champ Alcorn State, also the two-time defending conference champ.6.) It was a special Saturday for special teams players, as the season highs for punt and kickoff return yards came from a pair of senior cornerbacks, while the longest field goal of the season was matched. Lamars Brendan Langley (six interceptions, six pass breakups) will get a look in an NFL training camp next summer, and his ability to return punts will boost his stock. He scored on punt returns of 90 and 75 yards against Incarnate Word while totaling 206 yards on six returns. Daytons Cameron Stubbs needed only four kickoff returns to total 234 yards against Marist. Included were returns of 94 yards (not a touchdown) and 90 yards (a touchdown). Tennessee Tech sophomore Nick Madonia kicked a 57-yard field goal against Tennessee State to match the best that Tennessee States Lane Clark and Woffords David Marvin (twice) had earlier this season.7.) Ironically, Eastern Washington wide receiver Cooper Kupp scored on a rush and a punt return against Idaho State, but not a reception while he completed a Division I triple, adding the career receptions record (396) to his marks for receiving yards (5,994) and touchdown receptions (68). He has caught a pass in 48 straight games, an FCS record he shares with Jacksonville States Josh Barge.8.) With Austin Peay on a 26-game losing streak that is the longest in the FCS, there are not a lot of positives coming from the Ohio Valley Conference program. But freshman Kentel Williams totaled a school record and FCS season high with 399 all-purpose yards against Eastern Kentucky, including a 97-yard kickoff return and 7-yard run for touchdowns. His yardage represented the 20th-highest single-game total in FCS history and consisted of 176 rushing yards, 42 receiving yards and 181 kick return yards.9.) It took until top-ranked Sam Houston States 10th game, but the Bearkats finally trailed against an opponent. Northwestern State went ahead 13-7 midway through the first quarter, but the Bears Alfonzo McMillian blocked the extra point and the Bearkats went back ahead shortly after and went on to score the final 34 points of the first half for a 41-13 lead.10.) The carousel known as conference realignment could be spinning again. Campbell has a major football announcement scheduled for Monday, and its easy to believe the Fighting Camels, members of the non-scholarship Pioneer Football League, will add scholarships and begin a move toward the Big South Conference, where they play in other sports. Also, the Grand Forks Herald reports freshly minted Big Sky champ North Dakota is negotiating a potential move from the largest FCS conference to the Missouri Valley Football Conference and its sister Summit League for other sports.---=A LOOK AHEAD=All hail the conference schedule-makers, because next Saturdays schedule will match the top two teams in three conference races: MEAC, North Carolina A&T at North Carolina Central; Ohio Valley, UT Martin at Jacksonville State; and Southland, Central Arkansas at top-ranked Sam Houston State.Other notable matchups (Saturday unless marked): Big Sky, Eastern Washington at Portland State (Friday night), Northern Colorado at Cal Poly and Montana State at Montana; Big South, Liberty at Coastal Carolina (Thursday night) and Kennesaw State at Charleston Southern; CAA, Richmond at William & Mary, New Hampshire at Maine and Villanova at Delaware; Ivy, Yale at Harvard; Missouri Valley, North Dakota State at South Dakota and South Dakota State at Northern Iowa; Patriot, Lehigh at Lafayette; and Pioneer, San Diego at Campbell.There are seven FCS-vs.-FBS matchups, and Southern Conference heavyweights are involved: The Citadel will put its 10-0 record on the line at North Carolina and Chattanooga will go to No. 1 Alabama. Wholesale Nuggets Jerseys . Rousey will put her perfect 8-0 record and hardware on the line against another undefeated fighter, 7-0 Sara McMann in the main event of UFC 170, which will be held at the Mandalay Bay Events Center in Las Vegas Nevada on February 22nd. Cheap Swingman Nuggets Jerseys . Three came down to the fourth quarter while quarterbacks continued to shine in all four games; so important to the overall quality of the game. http://www.cheapnuggetsjerseys.com/?tag=cheap-thomas-welsh-jersey . - Oakland Raiders running back Rashad Jennings was speaking to a group of local high school students earlier this week when the conversation turned to the importance of being prepared when opportunities in life arise. Cheap Nuggets Jerseys Authentic . At a Manhattan federal court hearing, attorney Jordan Siev said his law office has gotten more evidence nearly every day to support its lawsuit accusing MLB and Selig of going on a "witch hunt" to ruin Rodriguezs reputation and career. He said the defendants went "way over the line. Cheap Nuggets Jerseys China .Y. - Rob Manfred was promoted Monday to Major League Baseballs chief operating officer, which may make him a candidate to succeed Bud Selig as commissioner. KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- Christian Colon hit his first career home run, and top prospect Hunter Dozier doubled for his first major league hit.They both came way too late for the Kansas City Royals to avoid an embarrassing sweep.Stephen Vogt homered and drove in five runs, Ryon Healy hit a mammoth three-run homer and the Oakland Athletics routed the defending World Series champions 14-5 on Thursday night.Oakland put a huge dent in the Royals diminishing playoff chances, sweeping a four-game road series at Kansas City for the first time. The As outscored the Royals 43-12, the largest run differential for Oakland over a four-game series in franchise history.Kansas City has lost eight of its past nine home games.Its been tough, Colon said. Were not used to this, so its hard.Royals starter Edinson Volquez (10-11) faced 22 batters and nine scored in 3 1/3 innings. He allowed nine runs on seven hits and four walks.In his past four starts, Volquez has given up 20 earned runs on 32 hits and nine walks in 18 1/3 innings for a 9.82 ERA.I was inconsistent, Volquez said. Ive been getting hit with all my pitches. I think my changeup always gets me out of trouble, but Im still getting hit with that pitch, so thats a bad sign for me.Chris Young, the third Royals pitcher, yielded the home run to Vogt and has served up 28 in 85 innings.Colons three-run shot in a five-run ninth came in his 293rd major league at-bat.It felt good off the bat, he said. I wish it was under different circumstances, but it is what it is.A big monkey off my back, for sure. Hopefully theres many more.Dillon Overton gave up all the Kansas City runs in the ninth and has allowed 12 homers in 22 1/3 innings this season.I faced Overton a couple of times when we played (Triple-A) Nashville, so I knew he was a fastball/changeup guy, Dozier said. He has a good changeup, so I was just looking to hit a good fastball early and he gave me one.Those were the only Royals bright spots in the finale of a dismal series.Vogt had a two-run double in a five-ruun third, walked with the bases loaded in the fourth and hit a two-run homer in the sixth.dddddddddddd The five RBI matched a career high.Healy, who had three hits, homered in the third with Khris Davis and Yonder Alonso on base. The ball traveled an estimated 480 feet, landing above the left-field fountains.Has he ever hit a ball farther?I really dont think so, Healy said. It was a changeup. I saw it well. I kept my hands back and tried to drive the ball to the outfield to score those runs.Marcus Semien, who knocked in four runs and hit a three-run shot in the eighth for his 25th homer, could not believe the distance on Healys drive.Ive never seen a ball hit up there, Semien said.Healy went 9 for 17 (.529) with two doubles, two home runs and seven RBI in the series.Joey Wendle had his first career four-hit game and scored three runs as the As banged out 16 hits.Rookie right-hander Daniel Mengden (2-7), who was 0-4 with a 9.39 ERA in his previous seven starts, was the beneficiary of the offensive outburst. He held the Royals to three hits over seven scoreless innings, striking out six without a walk.VARGAS TO STARTRoyals lefty Jason Vargas, who needed reconstructive elbow surgery and hasnt pitched since July 21, 2015, will start Saturday against the White Sox. Vargas will be on a 45-pitch limit over three innings. Kansas City manager Ned Yost said the goal is for Vargas to pitch 10-15 innings before the season ends. Vargas was 5-2 with a 3.98 ERA in nine starts before the injury last year.TRAINERS ROOMRoyals OF Lorenzo Cain, who has appeared in only one September game because of a sore left wrist, probably wont return this season. Hes not making great progress, Yost said. Hes getting a little bit better, but were starting to run out of time.UP NEXTRoyals RHP Ian Kennedy, who is 5-0 with a 2.16 ERA since the start of August, will pitch Friday against the White Sox. Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys From China Nike NFL Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys Store Wholesale Jerseys China Jerseys NFL China ' ' '

Вернуться в «Бизнес и работа»