The Way To Select The Very Best Cigar Humidors? Reason #267

Вопросы связанные с бизнесом, покупка и продажа
FrankJScott

The Way To Select The Very Best Cigar Humidors? Reason #267

Сообщение FrankJScott » 31 мар 2021, 00:13

6 Cigar Humidification Methods

Now you have a good understanding of exactly what a hygrometer does and everything can occur if your humidity is too high or too low, let us discuss how to really control the humidity in your humidor. Unfortunately, you can't just use a damp paper towel in a ziplock bag...

1. The Hockey Puck Humidification Method
The unofficial hockey puck method was my very first means to control the humidity in my humidor and boy was it trying. This is the"puck" which is included with humidors most of the time and needs one to boil it into propylene glycol. I discovered it for a little bit of a guessing game since you need to make sure that your"puck" doesn't run out of juice. It had been mostly stressful because I utilized the crummy free version from my humidor so results may vary. I discovered that I needed to soak the puck every 15 days or so using a humidor of 30 cigars. I only had to re-soak each 30-45 days and found it to be more consistent. Soaking a humidor puck is quite easy. It takes approximately 30 minutes and you just buy the propylene glycol individually. This solution is odorless and only replaces water as a more pure form of moisture. Using tap water may cause problems due to chlorine or other chemicals, and distilled water will not stay moist as long as propylene glycol.

2. The Tubes or Mini Jars Cigar Humidification Method
Xikar and Drymistat make quite easy to use products which you can merely open and pop it in a humidor such as this
electric humidor. These have a much more controlled way of managing humidity compared to the puck technique. The only bad thing is that you have to replace these entirely most of the time every 3-6 weeks completely. I don't recommend attempting to"re-soak" them with the propylene glycol. The attractiveness of these, especially the tubes, is they don't occupy much space in your humidor. But, depending on the size, the jar format will work better:

3. The Boveda Packs Cigar Humidification Method
Similar to the tubes or jar out of Xikar and Drymistat, you can go with a very controlled method of Boveda humidity packs. These are my favorite cigar humidification strategy and ones that I utilize for the tupperdor today. However, they can err a bit on the large side concerning humidity if you use them at a tupperdor. I would aim to go a few percentages lower than your desired humidity for a consequence when you've got a tupperdor. (These packs are available in all different humidity levels.) Otherwise they do a great job of consuming humidity if it is too high and increasing if it is too low. As soon as your pack is stiff, you then just throw it off. That being said, many claim to be able to recharge these very easily simply by soaking them for a couple of days once they get stiff. Although this may be a great way to save money, the recharged packs definitely won't be as precise as a first. To find out more about the way to recharge, check out this YouTube tutorial. For me personally, I really don't recharge since I'm going to spend hundreds of dollars on cigars, I don't wish to cut corners to save a couple bucks on Boveda packs.

4. The Heartfelt Beads Humidification Method
Heartfelt beads are a frequent humidity method that many recommend across java forums. This provider revolves round these beads and they've a lot of diehard followers for their product. These are popular with larger humidors or even wineadors. These are probably one of the costlier choices but continue forever. They do require spraying of water following two or week though so you've got to stick to a program. This method is somewhat more geared towards the advanced cigar collectors. Typically, cigar collectors will have a pouch of those a coating at the base of the wineador.

5. The Electric Cigar Humidification Method
There's nothing better than the set it and forget of an electric humidifier, particularly if you have a large or valuable set. All these are a bit expensive compared to the other choices such as
arc-14s but there is the benefit of very little upkeep. The components also work best if plugged -- so you will be asked to run a flat cable into the outside of your humidor. However a few of these units have some really cool features like wi-fi capabilities and can humidify around 1,000 cigars! (That would be a lot of Boveda packs...) You really do need to replace the cartridge every 6 -- 12 months but it's relatively inexpensive.

6. The Kitty Litter Cigar Humidification Method
To get a bigger wineador setup, many recommend kitty litter as a viable option to control humidity. I have never done this but many swear by it. This is a very similar method to this Heartfelt beads strategy outlined above. The key is to get a kitty litter with no odor and spray distilled water every two to three weeks as required. I've seen very positive reviews out of Exquisicat Crystals with very low fructose nor odor.

Вернуться в «Бизнес и работа»